Friday, October 5, 2007

Go Rocks!

What an exciting (and tiring) week it has been! Went to the baseball game on Sunday the 30th, only to win and then immediately purchase tickets to the tie-breaker game, in which we won! The 7th wildcard tie-breaker in history, 1st in this century :) It was very exciting, but 13 innings was just a killer! Very awesome to be part of some record-breaking history as well, but the game could have ended a lot earlier if the umpire hadn't made a super bad call and denied Atkins of a homerun. Oh well, they won in spite of it all!

That night of the 30th, I hurried home after the game, changed and met Boots and some other friends for some light appetizers before going to see Spamalot. The show was hilarious - and I was glad to take the next day off, as I needed the time to not just recoop, but to really recount all of the fun that I had, take a nap, then go to that tie-breaking game.

So, the rest of the week has been just as busy. In the midst of all this excitement, I had homework to get turned in, a YMCA commitee meeting, shopping for work, more homework. At least I'm getting a perfect score in class so far after turning in all of that stuff!

Then FINALLY - the word that baby decided it was time to come into the world came out. Got the 6:30am text message that Kyrie's water broke at 11:30pm on Wednesday evening, had been at the hospital walking the halls as she hadn't gone directly into labor yet. That started at 9am and would continue into the night. I went to the hospital after work (and a really busy day to boot), hung out with in-and-out sleeping mommy-to-be, grandma-to-be, and a couple of Kyrie's close friends. 9:30 rolled around and contractions were getting closer together and mom was coming out of the drug-induced, pain-stay-away, semi coma she was in. I finally had to call it a night, but was assured I would know something when it happened. Landon Robert couldn't get out, so with the slice of a knife, he came out at 1:50am at a whopping 8 lbs (no wonder the poor kid couldn't get any sleep!), 21-1/2" and healthy as a horse! I'm going in tomorrow morning to see everyone - I'm so excited to see the little bugger!

For now, its time to do yet some MORE homework reading, prepping myself for all of the stuff I need to do this weekend. I'll report on the game tomorrow night, I'm pretty sure the Rockies will win, allowing me to be part of the first playoff sweep for the Rockies in our club's short history!

No comments: