Saturday, October 27, 2007

Not just another day

The last couple of days were pretty busy ones with work. Garage Door has had problems and wouldn't open when I got home from work, and to top it off, I kept leaving my house keys in my vehicle (I'd been carpooling for 2 days). It think that Karin, the carpooler, will just drop me off at the nearest bar next time, and Karen the roommate (who has rescued me both times by coming home a little earlier than planned) will shoot me after 2 days in a row of this happening. No set of keys are leaving my purse ever again.

So today, I've been watching this show, "Scariest Places on Earth," about haunted hotels, prisons and castles. Woke up at 7am, didn't get out of bed until 10:30 - I NEVER do that. The leaves that have turned different colors are falling off of the trees and bushes - it'll be around 50 degrees today and around 39 degrees tonight around 9pm. Just kind of a ho-hum day.

In the midst of all of this, I am going to a baseball game. Right now, it feels like just a baseball game, with my favorite team, hanging with my friend Kirsten's mom, dad and brother, watching a past time I have grown to love since the pros came to Colorado in the early 90's. But this ISN'T just any game - its the World Series! It feels surreal - yet like just another day. Don't think it's really going to hit me what is going on until I get to the field tonight.

After I met Kirsten and her mom at the Breckenridge Brewery to pick up my ticket - I started to notice things happening around Coors Field. A huge tent was erected on the North side of the stadium, street level. When we drove around it to get to 20th to head for home, there were people in front of the stadium with Rockies gear on, and people with professionally made and home made signs saying they wanted World Series Tickets "will pay top dollar." I don't know who they are fooling, but anyone that has a ticket will be going, and if they didn't sell their tickets on stub hub or ebay, hopefully they will be selling them to friends so they can experience a piece of Colorado History.

Anyway, going through LoDo, you can just feel the energy rising. Tonight, it will be at an unbelievable level, more so than when I was at that last game of the season, the Wildcard tie-breaker, and game 3 of the Wildcard playoffs.

I'll write more tomorrow, pending I survive tonight. With that being said. . .

GO ROCKIES!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have you ever gone to the Imperial Hotel in Cripple Creek - I walked into it and KNEW it was haunted...