Thursday, October 25, 2007

I've survived the week, Almost

Got past last night, the big school night where I had to turn in 3 reports and give one speech. I was literally doing my homework up to the absolute last minute! Being sick the latter part of last week then over the weekend gave me no motivation to get much done, but still did a little. Just glad the big stuff is all over with. Although I have things due over the next few weeks, I don't have to go to class for almost a month and already have the big assignments done. I will miss going to class to hear my classmates do their speeches, though. They are such a great group of people, and my instructor is pretty awesome, too. I'm thinking that right now I am pretty fortunate!

Picked up my World Series ticket today - one for Saturday night. I think I got off pretty cheap, $109 each in section 202 (north side of stadium, second level). They will be good seats. I'm REALLY excited about going, but I don't think the true excitement will hit until I am there. We will be a part of Colorado history - attending the 1st ever World Series in our state! This will be a super exciting weekend! I better plan on going in late to work on Tuesday. . .

This past Tuesday, I went to the Pepsi Center to get the big work event plans ironed out. Since there was a basketball game that night, it gave me a chance to try out the food at the Lexus Club on the 2nd level. I've been by there before, but hadn't eaten there - I would highly recommend it if you get the chance. They have "food stations" and rotate the menus each event at the Pepsi Center. This time they had a little bit of seafood, a really good roast beef, and some middle eastern types of foods. I'm really happy with the way I think that things will go. There was a pre-season basketball game and they gave me tickets that were in the 5th row from the floor. Too bad I couldn't stay! I missed going to the Bronco Game on Sunday night with Boots due to feeling crappy, I can't stay for a basketball game with awesome seats. Good thing I have this weekend to look forward to!

I'll post more as we get through the weekend. As my friend Karen says, "Asta la taco!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan- The world series in Denver sounds like so much fun!

Good luck on your class - Rich is really busy this term too.