Sunday, October 21, 2007

First Snow of the Season

8:20am and the first snow of fall starts coming down! The mountains have already been getting it since around the first weekend of October. Guaranteed, it will be gone by the end of the day tomorrow, though. Was going to run a couple of errands today, but instead, think I'll just stay home and do my homework. I have 2 papers and one speech to get done by Wednesday. I have to miss class due to a work event on Nov 14, so have to give my speech early. Been trying to stave off a cold the last few days as well, so this has all been a little overwhelming to get through.

Our Colorado Rockies are going to the World Series, and we are all excited! They say we didn't have this much excitement and buzz when the Broncos went to the Superbowl at ANY time. I'd say its even more than when our first year Colorado Avalanche went to the Stanley cup right out of the box. The Rockies decided to run all tickets through online purchasing, which sucks. Out of 51K+ seats, only 18,000 tickets will be available for each of the 3 games. This leaves everything open to scalpers from all over the world to purchase OUR tickets and try to sell them for ridiculous prices. And the people who purchase them are stupid, as they create the demand and the price increases. You can get 4 tickets for each game in one try. There are 10 of us who will try to get tickets tomorrow, so hopefully one of us will get lucky. GO ROCKIES!!

This past Sunday, I volunteered with the Denver Press Club to help with an event called "The Gridiron." Its a fundraiser for the press club that brings local journalism personalities together to do comedy skits on pop culture, politics, etc. Didn't know that Mike Landis (local news guy) was such an avid guitar player! It was pretty funny but a little long.

The highlight for me was that my cousin, Wayne and his wife Joan were on the guest list! I was so happy to see them - got caught up on what my cousins Chris and Cheryl were up to. The oldest grandson is already 15 years old! Also, Cheryl finally had a little boy, Evan, who is 4. Chris got divorced from Stephen and is engaged to a really nice guy that Joan really likes. All that news just floored me - time is flying for all of us. But it was really good to see them, I hadn't run into any of that side of the family in about 5 years, I think since the last election where Wayne was elected again. There is every intention to get out to DC in April or May to see Wayne and Joan before he is out of office; as well as my cousin Kevin who is working at the Pentagon (as a rep of the Air Force). Geez - that reminds me, I really need to call him!

Time to finish cleaning - catch y'all on the flip side!

No comments: