Sunday, October 7, 2007

What an exciting night!

Our Rockies pulled it out in a close game and won the NL Wildcard for a chance to play for the NL Division Title! We have to play our arch rivals the Arizona Diamondbacks, a team that we beat on the last day of the season to get to this spot (the win put us into the tie-breaker with San Diego). We beat them 2 out of 3 last time -this will be a really tough series. I'm thinking we are going to end up going through all 7 games on this one. I know we all really hope that the Rocks can get it done, they could be the 4th pro team in Colorado to win a championship: Broncos did it 3 times, Avalanche twice and the Mammoth once. The Nuggets really have something to prove this season - they haven't gone to the NBA finals ever!


As I thought, the lightrail was really packed once again, this time 3-1/2 hours before gametime. It was pretty nice weather, in the lower 80's when I got down to the field. But let me tell you about our Colorado weather - it can change in a instant! Literally minutes before the game started, we went from a balmy 72 degrees to under 60 in literally seconds. We watched a bunch of dust blow across the field from the north - then it hit us with a wall of really cold air . . . brrrr!! By the time we left the game, it was 50 degrees. Although snow has already fallen in the mountains towards the end of last month, they are predicting a more tomorrow. We might see some down here, but I'm not going anywhere to find out! Downtown will be a zoo, with the Denver Race for the Cure going on (that's 50K+ people), a Broncos game (60K+ fans) and an Avalanche game (I think that's about 25K). Our lower downtown area is making BIG bucks this weekend! I'm staying home to study, not going anywhere near that mess!

Went to the hospital this morning to see Kyrie and little Landon. Not all babies are cute, but he is absolutely adorable - and a good baby to boot, so far. I held him for about 45 min while mom took her first shower since the baby was born. He fussed a little bit, but really was very good. I can't wait to watch him grow up - and see the many fishing outfits that Grandpa Bob gets him into!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan-
Love the tales! Thanks for the update on Kyrie. Bob is a grandpa wow!

I miss you guys - Rich and I keep talking about coming out, I think I want to wait until the weather warms up...