Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Love Letter to Myself

In our Weight Watchers meeting last Friday, Michelle asked us to write a "love letter" to ourselves telling us why I came to Weight Watchers, what I hope to accomplish, and why I am not going to quit. Write specifically what I want, what that will feel like, etc. . . . So here it goes!

I joined Weight Watchers because 1) I want to feel better about myself and look better to myself; 2) It is my goal to fit into clothes I have been holding onto (not a lot, but a few) just to prove to myself that I WILL get back into them again; 3) I need to have knee surgery on my right knee. I had surgery on the left a couple of years ago. Although that was worse than what I need to have done now, my recovery took longer than it should of because I am overweight. I AM going to get down to a good weight so that my knees will feel better and I can rehab better when I do have surgery.

It is really hard for me to say that "I love myself." Like many others, I am my own worst critic. There are things that my friends love about me, so I have to accept those traits. I am a good friend to my friends. I like that I have many friends, several that I could honestly say that are close to me; a three people in my life that I consider are really my best friends. They have been there for me and I for them; they have helped me through difficult times and celebrated the best of times with me. I will do anything for them and their families, of whom I am close to as well. I feel great pride in my good friendships.

I am diverse; I can't say that I know a lot about one thing, but I know something about about several things. I like that when I'm not right, I am willing to admit it - being humble is something that is not easy for anyone to do. As I get older, it is easier for me to admit that I can really be a dumbass. I am very comfortable with letting people know when that happens. If you can't make fun of yourself, then you'll never be able to handle it when someone else does!

I am not going to quit this venture of learning how to change my healthy lifestyle. It will be an adventure and a challenge. I will have ups and downs. However, I now have a "buddy" to do this with; we will help each other accomplish the goals we are going after. We will BOTH make time to do what we need to do.

Hmmm - not really a "love letter" per sey, but guess that's how I feel about myself. It's a start, anyway!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Hi Susan!

Congrats on the weight loss! I ended up doing a bounce on my weight once I hit goal and am down working to loose again!

Good Luck! it is great to see what is happening there!