Friday, August 15, 2008

A Dreary Day

I took the day off from work to go to WaterWorld with Kirsten - of all days, when we've had 90+ temps, it was around 65 and rainy. . . BIG bummer. Was really looking forward to using my "Hyland Hills" card, which gives me a large discount on going there since I live so close (4 blocks). So instead, went and got my new driver's license then we went to see the movie Momma Mia! It was really a cute movie, but I'm sure even Pierce Brosnan has decided this is the last time he's ever singing publicly like that. Not only does it not fit his persona, but it just didn't sound right. Doesn't make me like him any less, he's still one sexy hunka man! Just don't sing :) I'm really a Colin Firth fan as well - most of the characters he has played have been pretty humble, un-assuming types. Don't know why I like that about him, but he's a cutie as well. It's that dreaming thing that gets in the way I guess.

After the movie, went to the Scandanavian Furniture store - they sent me a postcard to get a free pillow, I was in the area, so what the heck? Moving into a new home and new neighborhood gets you lots of coupons and the once-in-a-while freebie, so who am I to not take advantage of their kindness? I'll use it for the spare bedroom. I also went to the Homegoods Store (part of TJ Maxx) - it's my new favorite home store! They had an original picture that just screamed "put me on your wall!!!" So that's what I did - bought it, and I'll hopefully get it on a wall soon. It has the perfect color combination to compliment my bedroom, so it'll be my first piece of art I put up. They had tons of great looking mirrors and other pics that were very reasonable - even some lamps that I liked (missing light in this place - gotta fix that soon!).

I've been looking for a plum-colored bedspread, but it's just not in any store's color selection this year. Bought a comforter set last weekend, but I haven't taken it out of the bag yet - not convinced that I like it yet. Waiting for Shannon to come over and let me know if it will work out with the whole color scheme. In reality, if I'm not thrilled about it, really need to just take it back. Maybe I'll do that tomorrow after I get my books for school.

Y'all have been asking about seeing pictures of the place, so I do promise to take some more and get them posted very soon. I expect to get some done tomorrow. Again, still a lot to get done, but at least you'll see some progress.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, well, busy or not, at least you are keeping up on your blog! More than I can say...
Seriously, take the comforter back, and I'll be over tomorrow to help you hang that picture. Maybe. Like, right after I post to my blog...
TEE HEE!