Thursday, August 28, 2008

Almost Labor Day Weekend

And boy - will I be laboring! I have had some work done today to my abode, things that have needed to get done for weeks. My new countertop, sink and garbage disposal went in today, which was the BIG event. Now I can finish getting my kitchen done! Also getting some other things done like a few outlets and switches replaced, light fixtures replaced, and some minor plumbing done. Saturday morning I'm painting and moving stuff out of the living and dining room so carpets can get cleaned and I can move furniture in - FINALLY!! Getting tired of eating dinner either while sitting on living room floor, at desk or in bedroom on tray in my chair.

Boots and I are going to the "Taste of Colorado" tomorrow night. We learned last year that Friday night is the time to go to see all of the booths and such - its not nearly as crowded and everyone is in a good mood. By mid-day Saturday, workers are hot, tired and grumpy! It'll be fun, then we might go again later in the weekend to see a couple of bands we'd like to listen to. I have a BBQ to go to Saturday evening, then Sunday and Monday will be spent organizing and going through more containers/boxes.

Pics will be forth coming soon - I promise! So stay tuned. . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan!

You are making me homesick! Rich has promised me a trip to Colorado after he is done with classes. It seems so far off.

I look forward to seeing pics of your new place!

Love You!