Saturday, June 28, 2008

Not Yet!

Still awaiting the finale word on the loan. Talked w/Michael yesterday, said he missed a couple of FHA forms I needed to sign, so he's going to get them to me ASAP so I can finish them off, then the papers will go to underwriting. Dang. . . hurry up and wait - again. Now I should before the 4th of July holiday. Just imagine - if this all goes through, by then, I'll have a week and a half to get my crap together! Holy SHIT!!!!!!

Karen and I went to White Fence Farms for dinner tonight. We've talked about going there for the 4 years I have been here - so decided it was time (had a reminder, too - we forget about doing it until we drive by there like once every couple of weeks, then it leaves our thoughts). It was a decent dinner, just under $40 for the both of us with dinner, tea and 1 side salad. Not bad. A cool place, I must say! The way they have things set up, kind of reminds me of a "country Vegas." Get a number, wait for 45 min, sit down with the masses, order food, eat, pay at a register on your way out. Only difference - NO buffet. There was plenty to do around there while you wait for your number to come up, so it was actually a fun experience, I must say! I highly recommend visiting there - but if you go on the weekend, get there early. We arrived just before 5:30, waited not quite 45 min. However, they sure know how to get more money out of you, albeit cheaply, but more of it!

This coming week is going to be very busy for me. Need to finish my homework tonight (tomorrow at the latest); retirement party for my former boss, Skip Monday night; home Tuesday, then either baseball games or lacrosse games the rest of the week - literally. But next Saturday is Matt Holiday Bobblehead night, so it will be well worth it :) I have to buckly down and get to sorting/packing next weekend, feeling pretty overwhelmed at all the things I need to get done - whether I get to move or not. So, if anyone feels like taking pity on me, I'd be mighty grateful for any help I can get :)

Guess I better get some rest, now. Have to pick up my friend Sue from the airport tomorrow morning - we'll be shopping at Bass Pro Shop and putting together a scrapbook for Skip's retirement on Monday. Going to dinner at Pappadeaux's, so it'll be fun - but a very busy - next 2 days. *Whew* I'm just tired thinking about it!

Catch y'all next week. . . . S.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan - good luck on the home ownership. The location is close to my old place - when you mentioned a little house off Pecos and the Turnpike. That was how I used to descibe my house...

Good luck! I miss you!