Tuesday, June 3, 2008

It has started. . .

John and I looked at 3 places during my lunch hour this past Thursday - 1 was completely unacceptable, one had an awesome wood floor in the kitchen (but the overall design sucked) and the third needs work, but is just about right. The exact opposite of what I wanted, which was a ranch level with garage - I am now in the beginning swings of the purchase of my first home. Bank accepted my offer yesterday on a 2 story townhome - 3 bedroom, 2-1/2 bath at a little more than 1400 sf. with a 2 space carport. They came back with a contract right away, so after much discussion (and many questions) with John, I signed on the dotted line, gave them a check for "earnest money" and am on my way! I'm meeting with my mortgage guy tomorrow to work on the paperwork for the FHA loan. Next week, after the bank starts their paperwork, I have to schedule the inspector.

At the inspection, I'm going to take my friend Shannon with me and we'll look at the place so she can get to work on some decorating ideas. I'll need to take measurements to start getting costs on the carpet, appliances, a new kitchen sink and counter top; then figure out paint and curtains. We are looking at a closing date of July 15th, so I'll probably try to schedule that later in the day then take the rest of that week off to get things moved and prettied up. So much to do and so little money to do it with!! Dang. . . .

No comments: