Monday, May 21, 2007

What a Weekend!

Just when I thought things just couldn't get anymore exciting. . . Saturday - boring, yet relaxing.

On Sunday, went for a short 2 mile hike with Boots to "Lair of the Bear" on Morrison Road (I'm sure it is some state road in there as well) just west of Idledale, about 15 miles from my house in the mountains. It's a kind of "picnic/hiking" area where apparently MANY people like to go. Since Boots is a late riser, we get there around noon, which ended up being a very pleasant temp to hike. It was a pretty area right on the creek which was still running pretty high. Looks like it might have moved a few beaver dams around as well. Since my knee surgery, this is the most extensive walk (let alone on slightly rougher terrain) I have taken and I survived it very well. . . after the ice pack, of course. Still, I consider that I did pretty good! Story on the knee surgery another time :)

On my drive back, got a call from my boss (Skip) who never calls me on Weekends. First words I hear - "Let me tell you about my exciting Birthday!" He was calling me from Swedish Hospital, which happens to just be up the street from me. Apparently, he had to have his gall bladder removed quickly, as it had enlarged and was causing what he thought would be a permanent stomach ache. I went to the hospital to visit with him a little bit, he was pretty chipper and doing well. I learned today that "drugs do wonders" as he was in pretty rough shape and slept most of today. He got out of the hospital last night, but couldn't find a pharmacy to fill the pain killer prescription, so sleep became optional at some point. The one time I can say "aren't drugs wonderful?"

No comments: