Saturday, June 9, 2007

Beautiful Day

The week has been pretty easy - and actually kind of cold. Had a Littleton Jaycees chapter meeting to continue with the "what do we do now?" portion of one last ditch effort to either get the chapter jump started one more time, or let it die with dignity. Since one of our newer members is so dedicated, we are going to try to continue on a little longer. She's a sweet kid, so can't help giving it one more shot. We'll do some socials (drive-in movie, FACs, etc) a couple of projects (glow necklace sales again at Western Welcome Week, project with Urban Peak) and who else knows.

Wednesday, went to see the Rockies play the Astros. There was this wicked wind that kicked up late in the afternoon, and then a cold front came in after it - man, it was freezing! I didn't make it past the 4th inning. The Rocks had a huge scoring drive in the 7th inning and did win the game and eventually the series - yeah! Apparently their record rivals the incoming Yankees. I hope they beat them in that series.

My friend (and fellow Jaycee) Neil Klocker turned the big 4-0 yesterday. He had a Bday party at Rome's last night, guess it was good. I didn't show up until close to 11:30, as I was at a small dinner party at my friend Connie's house with good friends Kim & Bob Untener. We had a GREAT time, just hanging out, chatting and reminiscing. Seems like it was Connie's kind of "coming out of the dark" party. She's had a rough year, so brought around who I guess she feels are her closest friends to start the summer off right! Over the next few months, we'll have dinner parties at different houses and include many people that we really want to hang out with. It'll be a select, but fun group.

So, today, I finally took my bike to the bike shop to get some new pedals put on, get it looked over and ready for riding. I think I feel comfortable enough with my knee's progress to start getting into it. So, this blog will now start to turn into a diary of my activities to hopefully keep me in line with strengthening my legs and trimming down. Gotta build up the muscles in my legs before I have surgery on my other knee so my recovery is quicker. Think that's what my problem has been after this first surgery. I still have a long road to recovery, so if anyone would like to join my journey, please let me know! It's so much easier to do with the support of friends. . . until later!

No comments: