Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Failure

As I get older, I find that failure is less of an option. Taking so long to figure out what I want to do with my life, I'm old enough that I just can't fathom the thought of not doing well in whatever I choose to do. It is with that philosophy that I find myself dropping my English Comp I class already. Although I thought I had gotten all of the information I could from my online class links and such, I still didn't find what I needed and will not be able to get my first assignments done. Since I don't want to fail this class right out of the gate, I decided to just drop it for now - I'll probably re-start it again in the fall. I'm looking to take a lot of accelerated classes, so pending schedules, if I plan everything right, I could take 3 of those a semester and still only have to concentrate on one class at a time. Changing my direction. Instead of just getting an AA at ACC for a particular area, I'm going to work on the general studies with business emphasis to get me through the AA degree, where all of the credits are transferrable to a 4-yr college. Then I can get most of my general studies out of the way and accomplish a little bigger goal. Just wish it wouldn't have taken me this long to figure out!

Stay tuned - I still have time to drop/add another class!

No comments: