Thursday, July 19, 2007

Been Awhile!

I've taken my time putting anything new on my blog. A lot has happened, so probably need to do this in a few entries.

My cousin Bret came out to Colorado with his friend Shawn. The hotel I got them ended up only having one double bed (it was the Inn Town Suites at Federal and Hampden). The type of hotel it is, they "kind of" take reservations and can't guarantee the type of room you will get - more of a first come, first served deal. It was inexpensive, however, which is all they wanted. Shawn was sick the entire time they were here, he made it out a couple of times. When they got home, he went straight to the hospital to find that he had pneumonia (Bret suspected). He was in for several days.

With that happening, I didn't get to take Bret many places to see many things. They went downtown once and to Gunther Toody's for breakfast (Shawn used to live here, so he still knew a lot of the folks that were working there). I got to take Bret to Loveland with me for a dentist appt, then drove around town a little so I could show him where our old farm used to be. He went to Benson Sculpture Park to see the beautiful statues while I was occupied. We went to the Blue Parrot on south Broadway with my roommate that night for dinner - good Mexican food! That Friday, we went downtown to the Colorado Historical Museum. Only spent an hour there. I'll have to go back, as it is about a 3-4 hour walk around to really see everything. They went back to Ohio that night.

Next time, Bret said he is bringing his best friend Randy out - he's a "cultural" kinda guy, so we'll do some really fun stuff. AND, we'll go into the mountains.

That's all I have to say about that - I'll write more later!

No comments: